Monday, February 11, 2008

50's Swap

Reversible ApronReversible Apron

I joined a 50's swap and just sent out. It was fun to try and figure out what to make so I decided I need to make an apron and it had to be reversible and if that was not enough I was going to make a quilted potholder. What!?! you might say. Yes, you read right. I always bite off more than I can chew. I stressed about it and put it off and worried about it but since send outs are tomorrow I decided I need to get this done so all Saturday night I was up until 4:00 am and then sleep for a few hours and managed to finish the potholder binding in the morning. I also made 2 crocheted dishcloths but did not take a picture of them and I sent her the cute elephant onesie for her baby to be. I sure hope she likes it all. I am always so nervous after sending things off in a swap.

Hope you all have a good week.
Cheers
~B


5 comments:

gina said...

I'm in awe of all the people who participate in swaps...I don't think I could handle the pressure! Your aprons and potholder are wonderful - the person who receives them is so lucky!

Anonymous said...

bee - I really like your fabric choices and your apron looks really cool :)

Rebekah said...

g you should try a small swap that is how I started. We only had to do one thing and send an embroidery pattern with it. It was lots of fun and now I am addicted to swaps.

Anonymous said...

As your swap pardner, I was most definitely happy with everything! I even finally got to toss a raggedy ole potholder I had been using in favor of my new, awesome one. Sorry you had such a late nite crafting experience, but it makes me feel better about the scarflette knitting marathon- literally, did you know you could knit while on a treadmill? Now I do!

Rebekah said...

Knit on a treadmill really? That is to funny. I would love to see a picture of that. With me I can barely walk on my own I could never add trying to knit or do anything else for that matter I would fall on my fairly padded behind. hehe.