Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Project

Time has gotten away from me. The holidays are over and still feel like I am recovering from them. T and I decided that now that the holidays are over we need to get started on restoring the trailer we bought in September. We have so many plans and not enough time. Here is a better picture to give you an idea what we have to work with.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but I know we can do it. It has been nice to plan things together. We have bought a few paint samples because we plan to paint the outside in April and the inside as soon as it warms up a bit. If you can see in the pictures it is snowing right now so it might be awhile. I will keep you guys posted on our progress.

The most crazy thing is we drove 3 hrs one way to buy an original ice box for the trailer. By ice box I mean you buy a block of ice and put it in a tray to keep everything cold. We felt a little crazy but it was so worth it. It is turquoise to match the stove. We found some formica lament to redo the countertop and the table.

It is a 1966 Aladdin Travel Trailer it was manufactured in Hilsboro Oregon. We are searching for original ads and an owners manual if anyone knows anything about these I would love to talk to you. We can be contacted at our Aladdin Website.

Have a wonderful New year everyone.

Cheers
~B

8 comments:

Tab said...

Wow, my husband and I have been contemplating purchasing a trailer, but we've decided we'd only buy one if it was the "right" one. It has to sing to us.

Yours sounds like it is singing. It looks like so much fun (and hard work, but mainly fun!)

I can't wait to see the progress!

Drewzel said...

I love your trailer! Can we have pics of the inside too please?

One of the things I'd love to do is fix up an old caravan, as we love to go away caravaning. :D

imwithsully said...

Are you going to take pictures throughout the process? That would make a great blog story!!!!!! I'm going to check back and see how you're doing. Kim

gina said...

I'm so excited to watch the process of your trailer project! You left a comment on my blog about wanting to do a embroidery project - you should totally have it coordinate with your trailer project...maybe you could use these transfers: http://www.sublimestitching.com/campout.html
If want to talk about it more email me, I'd be happy to help you get started!

Anonymous said...

My name is tracy Morrison my wife and i to have a 1966 aladdin trailer its hard work ours has all the stock equipment looking for info as well. vinylmagic@myay.com

Unknown said...

Hi:

I just purchased a 1969 Aladdin and would love the chance to talk to you. I am in the process of restoration and it can be quite overwheming at time.

ashley said...

Hi, my husband and I just purchased a 1963 Aladdin 15' travel trailer. We have started a yahoo group for Aladdin owners since there is so little information online. It's http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/aladdintraveltrailers/

We also have a shutterfly account for ours... www.1963aladdintraveltrailer.com

I can't seem to connect to your Aladdin website, I'd love to see yours! Thanks, Ashley

Rebekah said...

Ashley thanks for the link to your group. Have fun traveling with your trailer. We have sold our trailer and no longer have it. It was lots of fun while it lasted!

~Bekah